Illustrator Tutorials and Explanations

 Julia Perna

January 25th, 2023

 

Illustrator Tutorials and Explanations

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBouhf4seWQ

The Complete Beginners Guide to Adobe Illustrator l FREE COURSE


    This video starts out with a brief explanation on what Adobe Illustrator is, mentioning that it is the best tool in the Creative Suite for making logos, illustrations, posters, infographics, t-shirt designs, and flyers. It is also mentioned that the tools in illustrator make it very easy to create and modify shapes and strokes to build your compositions, which puts me at some sort of ease being new to this program.

    The project he first focuses on during the video is turning a hand drawn sketch that was scanned into illustrator and converted to vector artwork, and turning into a poster/t-shirt design to demonstrate a scenario where we are going to design for print. He then begins to show how we incorporate CMYK swatches and pantones into the artwork, which I do think I may struggle with. Also, later in the video, he begins to talk about the different layers used to create one project. I think these different layers will be helpful when separating the work, but I think before I get used to it I may struggle with remembering what I put on each layer.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GzumUieDPY

Learn Illustrator in 5 MINUTES! Beginner Tutorial


    This video provides much less introduction and just jumps straight into showing off the program, which I only liked because it was the second video I watched. If it was the first, I would probably be confused about the purpose of Illustrator and what it is used for. Anyways, he first begins by talking about the layers tool and how you can hide/unhide and lock/unlock layers as you do your work which I think will become very helpful once we start working with the program. Next he starts talking about the shape tool which seems simple enough, and explains how you can change the sides, points and edges of a shape depending on what you need for your design. The lasso tool is mentioned next and I think that one is something I will struggle with until I get used to it, while the selection tool will obviously be very helpful. Lastly, I think the pen tool will also be an adjustment and I will definitely need a mouse to assist me in using it correctly.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyzBZizFruU

Adobe Illustrator Beginner Tutorial: Create a Vector Peach from Sketch


    This video is a little different because instead of a general Illustrator run down it is actually teaching you how to do a specific project. He starts off with showing you how to import a sketch into illustrator and place it into your canvas, which seems to be a very simple process. He then uses the pen tool to trace the outline of the leaves, which upon observation further proves the point that this tool will only become simple to use if done with a mouse. He also shows how to change the stroke, which I have not seen yet, and as far as I can tell seems to be very straight forward. While doing this he also mentions deleting points which also seems to be very simple. Around the 5:30 mark he shows a shortcut for the pen tool that assists in coloring which makes the tool seem less intimidating because you do not have to perfectly repeat the trace every time, but instead there is an option to copy and paste. He finishes up with the pen tool again by doing highlights and shadows (on a different layer) which accentuated the vector peach and changed the artwork as a whole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Business Card

Somewhere Project

Propaganda Poster