Propaganda Poster

 
For my poster I decided to focus on one of the main problems that the current and future generations deal with on a daily basis: the overuse of screen time. While the creation of cellphones has been great for communication purposes, the developments that took place inside the phones (social media, more specifically) have allowed people to mask their identity and be someone they're not online. It leads to more bullying, more harassment, and way less internet safety than we have ever seen before... which all stems from how long you are allowing yourself to spend on your phone in a given day. I intended for my poster to serve as a reminder for people of all ages that the way you portray yourself online is not who you truly are (at least in most cases, if it is then good for you!), and your screen time number is a reflection on how much time you spend daily living in the fantasy world that you created by using your technology. Some apps are necessary, some are innovative, and some are even life changing but in most cases the apps being used collectively by cellphone users are none of those things, they are just damaging to our self esteem and mental health. Nobody is innocent, even I have my days where my screen time will rise to 10+ hours, but it is time for everybody to take a stand and reverse the addiction we have developed to these unhealthy apps and other damaging things we are able to access through our cellphones with just one click.

Inspiration Photos:




Comments

  1. The message of this artwork is so powerful . I loved how you grabbed the viewer's attention( me) with, "What's behind the mask," then when I turned my face to the phone I saw the question. I thought this was cool and catchy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Business Card

Somewhere Project