Somewhere Project


For my "somewhere" project I decided to insert myself into my favorite show of about 10 years now, Gossip Girl. Before coming to Tampa for college I lived in New York, where the show takes place, so it was always nice to watch and be able to recognize most of the places they filmed at. The show focuses on the "elite socialites" in Manhattan in the early 2000's, so I've also always enjoyed watching the luxury and glamor the characters got to portray with their roles. I chose to insert myself against the car due to the symmetry of the picture, noting that the typical pattern of how they were arranged is boy, girl, and so on. Also, Blaire Waldorf (the brunette) is on the opposite side of the limo which allowed where I placed myself to even out the focal point of the image, instead of drawing all of the attention to one side. Lastly, I chose to use a navy dress because the overall color scheme of the image is on the darker side, with the exception of Jenny Humphrey's pink dress located in the middle of the image. If I decided to wear a dress in a similar color, that would once again throw off the symmetry of the image and direct your eyes to a different spot.
 

Comments

  1. This is so good I almost couldn't even tell which person was you that was edited in. It looks so natural and fits the vibe of the whole scene you put yourself into.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Business Card

Propaganda Poster